Member Service Specialist (MSS) – Part-time
Department: Member Services
Reports to: Member Service Manager
Supervises: N/A – No supervisory responsibility
A Member Service Specialist provides a full range of banking services, including transactional and nontransactional processes, with member satisfaction as their #1 priority.
- 1-2 years of branch banking experience; including account opening experience.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, and communication skills; must be honest, resourceful, courteous, and professional.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in English and Ukrainian.
- Knowledge of bank products, services and related government regulations.
- Strong PC skills.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- High School Diploma required; college degree a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets and greets members and consumers upon entry to the credit union.
- Opens accounts, processes transactions using an online system and Teller Cash Recycler.
- Complies with credit union policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Explains/demonstrates features and benefits of traditional and digital products/services to new and existing members.
- Converts service opportunities into sales events by matching members’ needs to available products, services and/or delivery channels.
- Refers members to subject matter experts such as loan managers.
- Assists members with account updates and performs system maintenance on members’ accounts.
- Completes daily proof and assists with all end of day settlement and security procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned, including troubleshooting technical issues and contacting service providers to resolve issues.
- Ensures that all information and transactions regarding credit union members are kept confidential and ensures strict adherence to established security procedures.
Work Schedule & Locations
▪20-25 hours per week ▪5-day workweek, includes Saturdays ▪two (2) Clifton NJ branch locations
Qualified applicants may upload resume below for consideration.
NOVA UA Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability